Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nnixon6

MVI56-HART

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to use the MVI56-HART module from Prosoft on a Controllogix L62. Prosofts example works OK with one HART device connected to channel 1 but I'm unable to get multiple devices to communicate (multi-poll). For instance HART ID 1 talks fine but HART ID 2's data is no where to be found even though the Clgx slave status register shows it ON POLL and without error. If I switch the HART ID's on the devices, I still only get HART ID 1's data. I sent the ACD and Prosofts configuration file to Prosoft and their response was that it was the PLC programming. Kinda a funny response since I used their example program. If anyone has any expertise implimenting multi-device/multi-channel HART using this module I'd appreciate picking your brain. There may some cash in it too. Thank you in advance. mailto:rnixon@controllink.com

sorry to pull up a very old post - but did you ever get anywhere with this?  We are currently trying to get the same type of setup going except on a CompactLogix platform.