Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Problem installing CX-One / CX-Server

2 posts in this topic

A customers laptop had CX-Supervisor V1.33 installed and running. System runs on a Dell Inspiron 9100, XPP UK and logged in to an administrator account. Perhaps worth to mention an RSLinx installation is running on it as well. RSLinx comms service is launched at startup but I only thought it claims the COM port when using serial comms. I am not using any serial comms. The customer also wanted to have CX-Drive, so I installed CX-One V3 and did a modified install selecting only CX-Drive (CX-Server and PLC Tools selection was fixed). Got the message where it had to remove the existing CX-Server installation before it can install the newer one. Installation completed succesfully, system booted and just before where you normally get the CX-One Readme file, I get an error: What I have tried: Uninstalled CX-One, Uninstalled CX-Supervisor and ran- CX-Server removal tool. Reinstalled CX-One to no luck. Uninstalled CX-One, ran- CX-Server removal tool and tried to install CX-Server RT independantly from the CX-Supervisor disk. Installation ends normally (device drivers are installed etcetc) but when it tries to open the readme at the end it says path not found, and when checking with explorer Omron folder in Program Files does not exist. Same happens when installing CX-Supervisor completely, CX-Supervisor files are installed but CX-Server folder does not exist. Copied cdmapi32.dll manually from my laptop to the Windows directory of the target system and tried to register it by run command regsvr32 c:\windows\cdmapi32.dll, returns an error, it probably misses the rest of the dll library. Left cdmapi32.dll in the Windows directory and ran a repair of the CX-One install. CX-Drive opens with an initialisation error of CX-Server because CX-Server files are missing. Getting from bad to worse, all was running fine before Have installed CX-One numerous times, never have had this typical problem... Re-install of Windows is not an option, at least not easily. ?

Well I simply had to solve this so in a desparate attempt I kept trying to install downward versions of CX-Server untill suddenly v1.7.2 included with a CX-Supervisor v1.2 installation installed correctly After this I could succesfully install CX-Supervisor 1.33 and CX-One V3 again Very strange though...