Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

Need help wiring ML1100 output

6 posts in this topic

I feel like I'm missing something really simple here, but I need some help. I've got a new ML1100 "1763-L16BBB controller" that I'm using at my desk to try out some programming. I've got it wired in the following way: Sola power supply takes my 120Vac and gives me 24Vdc out. +24V from Sola wired to plc +24VDCin (terminal 1 = far left) - 0V from Sola wired to plc -24VDC (terminal 2) GND from Sola wired to plc GND PLC powers up and everything seems good This particular PLC has 2 relay outputs (0 and 1) and 4 FET outputs. The only output I have wired up right now is on O:2. I'm using that particular output because I am using a PTO command to pulse the output to a counter. I don't think any of the problem has to do with the PTO command, but I'm posting that info anyway. Problem starts here. Output wiring: I have +24Vdc from the power supply going to the 11th terminal (including the ones not used) which is +24Vdc. PTO command is set to pulse O:2 every 1 second for 200 seconds. During the time the PTO command is active, I can see the O:2 light on the PLC display blinking on and off. That tells me that the output should be turning on and off. I had my Red Lion counter wired so that the signal wire (white) went O:2 and the common wire (black) went to -24Vdc from the Sola. Counter didn't count while the output was pulsing. I haven't done anything with FET outputs before, but shouldn't I be able to get the following two values using a multimeter when the output is ON ? 1) 24Vdc between O:2 and -24V at the p.s. or the 2nd terminal on the Plc. 2) Continuity between O:2 and +24Vdc (terminal 11 or the p.s.) Do I have to still wire the 16th terminal (-24Vdc) to the -24V supply? That doesn't seem to make sense and I believe that is available just to allow the choice between sinking and sourcing. Edited by mckeand13

See drawing below. You need to wire your DC common to the DC common terminal on the ML1100

Most excellent. I've got it working now. Thanks much!

On 06/03/2008 at 5:06 AM, Mickey said:

See drawing below. You need to wire your DC common to the DC common terminal on the ML1100

Where's the drawing