Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YBC

Omron Enet Configuration

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Once again a newbie question, since i'm new to Omron world. At our floor we have an omron CS1G-H PLC. It has an CS1W-ETN21 (ETN21 Mode) Card on it. 192.168.100.29 is the IP that was given to it. I can ping to the card but i'm trying to use an OPC Server to try and read data from it. I know the ERH Light is on. I'm confused about the Switch settings. What is the Unit number swith suppose to be set at and what is the Node address suppose to be set to. I appreciate the help. And if any one know of any nice Simple to use Ethernet Active X controls Please let me know thanks again.

Hello YBC, Bit of a quick answer... Generally (well, here anyways) we set our units Node address to match the last octet of the IP address - in your case 29. The Unit number can be set to any unused Unit number (between 0 - 15) that you wish. To make a connection you will have to have your PCs IP address set into the ETN Units IP Address Table. This can be done via the IO table. You will probably also need to set up a Routing Table. I find that this is easiest set using CX-Net! (available fro the CX-Programmer Start menu). Sorry this is quick, but I'm extremely busy at the moment - I'm sure others will chime in shortly (and let me know how wrong I am ) - and I'll be back if I can make some time! Good luck

Nothing wrong at all but just a short supplement on our fellow user anonymous's helpful post Setting up routing tables is only necessary when the PLC rack has 2 or more units that can talk on FINS network level, e.g. ETN, CLK, EIP etc, so the CPU knows how to route the FINS messages to where. When using just a single ETN21 on the rack I would not throw yourself into learning routing tables right now. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Thanks for the help. I was confused by the Switches. I finally got a minute to shut down the machine to change the switch settings and it worked great. Thanks again I downloaded the Omron OPC server from Ingeardrivers.com it works great. I've used their activeX controls before for Allan Bradely Products and they've been really useful. Edited by YBC