Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NovalutionGSi

Analog output not outputing.....

5 posts in this topic

OK Same project as before. they are using analog output cards to give a 0-10V signal to a fan speed control board. PLC is CJ1M CPU 22, Output cards are a pair of DA08V's (Voltage only). They are set to CIO2800 and CIO2900 respectivly. i'm using all outputs (2801 to 2808) on the 1st card and 2901 to 2906 on the second. Each of the cards will respond to a Slow and a Fast Speed set from the HMI (NS8-TV00B-V2). I have Spoken to Omron for advice and help, which they have (cant fault them!) and they have sent me a SCL3 function to scale the 0-100% coming in from the HMI to work correctly to go out to the output card. The issue i have is that even with the Scaling working correctly i can not get any Voltage from ANY of the outputs. I am consentrating on just 2801 to start with. below is attached the scaling program sent from Tech support at omron, which i have tryed to get some sort of output from my cards but both come back with a -0.5v reading on any output. All card settings are pretty much default, i have enabled all outputs, set them to work on 0-10v all the rest are default. I have had Voltage out of the card when switching between CLR, Hold and Max settings in the output status when stopped. Can anyone shed some light on what might be causing this? could it be possible to have 2 duff cards? This is one of the last Major parts of my Program i need to clear up before the Panel can have a Client Demo before it goes to site. I'm sure its going to be something really silly but fresh eyes might pick up something both me and Tech Support might have missed. SCL3_to_Analog_output.cxp

Hi NovalotionGSI, have you thought of turning ON the Conversion Enable Bit? Whitout this bit turned on there will be no output signal. This is described in section 5-6-2 5-6-3 Starting and Stopping Conversion (page 222) of the Manual Analog I/O Units (W345-E1-08) I've tried to uploaded it with this reply, but the pdf is to great. In the download section you can find another Manual: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=745 Search the document for Conversion Enable Bit Hope this get you on the road, Carol Edited by Carol

Hi You can setup the card via th IO table and unit setup. Let the CXP generate the IO table for you. After that seleckt the analog card and right hand click on the card then you can set the card up. Banker Btw. why are you using D2801 and not 2801

Carol, Has Banker as stated you can setup the card in the I/O table, this i have done. so Setup wish this should work. Banker, is there any reason behind using the 2801, is that a "real" output rather than a Data Memory? i have just tried the program with moving my set values to D2801 and 2801 and download the program again, both come out with the same reasult.

Hello, Yes there is a difference between 2800 and D2800. When no memory type is specified, the memory area is CIO, Common IO area. CIO area does not save its status on power cycle. D area (Data Memory) does, hence all settings of the card are done in D area through the I/O table setup. But besides setting up the card in D area, the output conversion needs to be enabled. Have you read Carols post ? This settings is done in CIO area. Have a look at the "CIO Area" section of the I/O table setup parameters. The first 8 bits of base CIO word (2000 + 10xunit no) need to be ON for the conversion to be enabled. In the picture I have set unit #2, so 2020.00 through 2020.07 need to be ON for the outputs to be activated. You can do this through the I/O table and transfer the setting, but at CPU mode change (program > run) all bits will be off again. To prevent this you need to make an initalisation rung in your ladder which turns on the bits for the outputs you want to use on startup. E.g. Hope this helps.. P.s. you can also assign the particular bits 20##.00 to 20##.07 to a coil in your ladder at the point where you want to start the conversion.