Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clay B.

MWP?

4 posts in this topic

I need to open a program with a mwp suffix. I have Step 7. Is this possible or do I need some other software. This program is for a S7-200 with a 226 CPU.

You will require Step7-MicroWIN to open the program with the extension .MWP Latest version is Microwin 4 SP6

Ordering software now. I have an MPI Adaptor I have used on other S7 PLC's. I can use it for the S7 200's correct or will I need to order a cable as well. I downloaded the system manual for a S7 200. It says an MPI can be used but does not go into alot of detail on the how. The PLC in question I have to work on is in Puerto Rico and I am in North Carolina so I really want to make sure I can go online with this thing when I get there. I do not have this PLC here to test on.

The MPI cable/adaptor cannot be used for connection to the S7-200 PLC; this uses a PPI adaptor. The newer PC Adapter; USB V1.1 or V1.2 will work with the S7-200 or S7-300/400 PLC's. Check your adaptor/cable on the Siemens web Site. also www.process-informatik have had adaptors that "auto detects" the S7 plc (MPI or PPI) long before Siemens