Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmervenne

GE FANUC SERIAL TO ETHERNET

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have many different types of GE Processors in one of our plants, with very few on our network. I am looking for a way to communicate with all of them over our network without setting each machine up for Ethernet. Ideally, I would have a cart that a technician could wheel out to the machie and plug into the PLC Serially and then connect it to the Network . I am tired of making 1 hour drives for a 5 minute fix. Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated. -Mike

Get an IC200SET001. IC200SET001.pdf ............................... You may need to build a cable or two. Edited by RussB

I've never used one myself, but GE offers a serial to ethernet converter. The part number is IC200SET001. The catalog lists it as a way to connect VersaMax Micro and Nano to an ethernet network. I think the reason they only mention those two models is because it's the only way those two can get on ethernet. The VersaMax modular and the rest of GE Fanuc's PLC's all have ethernet options. Consequently, I don't see any reason why the SET010 would be limited to the Micro /Nano and wouldn't work with any other PLC model. It's worth looking into. Edit: I see Russ beat me to it. Edited by Steve Bailey