Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

Analog Input Problem

4 posts in this topic

Gentlemen, Once again I turn to you for help. I hope, someday, to be able to give advice. I have an analog input, 6ES7331-7KF01-0AB0, that is configured for 0-10v on channel 1, to read a tachometer generator. The channel is assigned to PIW352 at the input of an I_DI. The shunt is positioned for 0-10v and I am reading voltage at terminals 2 & 3, (pos. and neg, respectively) but when I monitor the PIW all I see is a value of 32767. This value never changes regardless of the input voltage. I have replaced the card with a spare but get the same results. All unused channels are shunted out and I have 24vdc present at terminals 1 & 20. I have been told that this process has been "working" for 10 years but I don't see it. I will try to attach the network to see if ther is anything amiss.. Any suggestions would be appreciated. NETWORK_4.xls

Make sure the jumper on the side of the module is set for 0-10V input. Connect a potentiometer between pins 2 and 3. Then you should be able to see the value change as you move the pot from 0 to 10 Volts.

I checked all the settings and everything was right. I connected a 9v battery to the input terminals and I got a response. I don't know yet what my problem is but it is not in the card or the set-up. The voltage from the Tach Generator is measuring as 115.8v and the input voltage, via the divider network, is proportionally correct but the card doesn't like something about this voltage. I am going to connect a scope to the incoming signal to see if there is flutter or some other unknown component inthe signal. If all this proves out I don't know what I'll do next...

Hi, it is very user friendly to use siemens products any how follow the steps given below will solve your problem Considered your input to 1st channel is 0-10VDC then 1.Check the jumper setting and makesure it is in correct possition 2.connect 9V battery to correct terminals on 1st channel (common and Voltage) 3.Go to hardware check for channel setting for 0-10 Volts 4.Check for 1st channel address 5.Check module status online if ok 6.type the address in monitor modify variables and check for digital value around 30000 approx. if it is ok then connect your external device no if you have any problem it is sure there is a impudence mismatching problem in between then use a 0-10 VDC to 0-10VDC singal isolator it will solve your problem Regards N.Subrahmanyam