Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
datart

Simple PLC with RS232 output

7 posts in this topic

I am looking for a simple PLC that has the ability to send ASCII through RS232. I need to be able to configure the protocol e.g baud rate, stop bits etc. I am at current using a Crouzet millenium 3 which suits all the automation tasks but I now need to be able to send a bit of ascii through the programming port. The baud rate and other configuration parameters seem to be fixed. Is there another budget PLC with serial capability? Thanks in advance.

I have never used them, but these look interesting: http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.11444/.f

OMRON CP1L with a CP1W-ClF01RS-232C Interface would work just fine.

Don't know prices in Europe. Cost is USA is around $200 for this combination.

All S7-200 series support 'freeport' mode on the port, trouble is with only one port debugging can be fun. Dual port units cost more, 2nd port is then Ascii port, but the time saved debugging usually repays extra outlay. edit And you will need an RS485-RS232 converter Edited by Mike Dyble

I will put my two cents into the conversation and add our Smart-PAK to the list. www.entertron.com/smart-pak.htm You have ASCII output capabilities through the RS232 port. Internally, you can have up to 99 messages stored in the PLC for transmission through the serial port. Single piece price with cable is $200.00 Programming software is included and can be downloaded from our web site. www.entertron.com/software.htm You will have to complete our contact form for a password to unlock the software - www.entertron.com/form.htm Delivery would be from the US. Hope this helps. God Bless,