Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poovs

DeviceNet - DRT1 vs DRT2 Series

5 posts in this topic

Can someone please shed some light on this topic? What is the real difference between DeviceNet (DRT) Series 1 & 2? I am looking at using DeviceNet for my remote I/O application. At least one DRM will be needed in the main PLC rack and then (depending on network distance limitations - with T-branch taps, etc) possibly needing to add another DRM. Application Example: I have one PLC Rack (CPU) with local I/O and then 7 other equipment rooms with remote I/O. One of the remote I/O racks will have roughly 16 channels of I/O where the other 6 rooms will have less than 32 points each.

All digital ? Here's a summary of the available units. Check the downloads tab for manuals.

thanks for the info: this confirms what I've gathered from reviewing manuals and datasheets... I still can't understand why Omron doesn't populate their online catalog of brochures and list of equipment for what is available: e.g. The link you provided doesn't list the DRT2-ID/OD32ML (higher density 32 pt digital i/o modules with the MIL connectors). gotta dig into the manuals to find out what Omron actually has as a DeviceNet 'connectable device'. anyway, thanks again

i just noticed that the link you provided was the european site... What bearing (if any) does the difference on equipment displayed on the u.s. vs. the euro. sites have on what is actually attainable from here in the u.s.?

The only difference I've found from my experience was between DRT1-AD04H and DRT2-AD04H is auto baud rate detection on the drt2.

Other differences are not worth mentioning. 

But I think maybe there is a chance that old DRM model will have a problem with drt2 analog " NOT sure"