Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TK_STUART

Convert LSS to CXT

5 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd put this up to try and save people time in the future. You can convert from LSS project format (PGC2000.DAT) using the "File Conversion Utility" bundled with CX Programmer to CXT, then open with CX Programmer. From what I had read I thought I was going to have to convert LSS to Syswin, then Syswin to CX Programmer. Comments welcome if this is not entirely correct(?)

That's a useful tip, thanks for that. Never used LSS but I am sure a lot of people are grateful. By the way welcome to MrPLC!

one thing to remember about the conversion is that variable name of the type "n"+IO number will be generated, because of LSS naming structure. This for me at least is an inconvenience because I made comments in LSS formatted as variable names using underscores and thus I have to pass all the IO comments through Excel to change them to variables. I would welcome a change on File Conversion Utility that in presence of comments structured with underscores will convert them to variable names (I don't think someone would use names such as "myvariablename" in place of "my_variable_name" in CX-P projects)

Cheers mate, your post has just saved me hours of head scratching. I've been hunting through some old LSS and SYSWIN files and I've found some .pmf files. Anybody got any idea what they are? I think they may be something to do with SYSWIN when it converts an old LSS program. (I'm just curious.) Cheers, G.

Hi. Extension .pmf is file generate from tool Syswin in: dialog window menù file Editor Addres Symbolic. I used that file from import same symbolic name address from standar program. You can try to open whit notepad or you can change the exstension with .csv and open the file with Excel or openoffice. bye