Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
presario2100

Step7 V5.4 authorization key lost

9 posts in this topic

The Step7 V5.4 Professional software install in my computer with the authorization key, but my computer hardisk was corrupted this morning, i lost all the data and the authorization key inside the hardisk. I got a backup image files for this hardisk, but after i restore the image file to the hardisk, the Step7 still cannot found the authorizatio key. Anyone know how to get back the key? Is it I need to buy the Step7 V5.4 again? Please help me ..... Thanks.

Hi, Contat your local Siemens office with all of your License Details they will help you to retrive it, meanwhile you can use Emergency disk for 15days if you get with your package.

And when you have restored the license back the whole harddrive up with the Acronis True Image backup program. This will back the license up, and your full installation, so that in the event of a computer failure you can restore your whole harddrive in about 10-20 mins, instead of having to reinstall everything and recover licenses etc., which is essential if you are in a 24/7 enviroment. It works well and is easy to use. Obviously this backup must not be used to circumvent the Siemens license requirements. It also means that if you install software which conflicts with an existing program you can go back to original config quickly Acronis can be found at www.acronis.com

I used norton ghost to backup the hardisk image, but after restore back, the Automation License Manager said the license key is failure.

Acronis works, I use it Mike

Acronis didn't work at all on my work laptops, so I went and bought Ghost Solution Suite. I am responsible for keeping software updated on a large number of computers. I never got the Acronis True Image server to connect to the laptops.

I use Ghost 12.0. It works fine with laptops/desktops

May be it was a different version, we use True Image v9, not the latest. It was originally suggested by our IT person, and it has worked with both Desktop and Laptops, including Siemens FieldPG's. This version has support for USB drives and we either make the image on a pen drive if it isnt too big, or use a USB portable harddisk. It has worked on all systems so far (Dell and HP desktops, Tosh notebook and Seimens FieldPG). And it backs up licenses OK as well. All these systems are running XP Pro with NTFS partions. We have an Acronis boot CD, which we boot from and that takes us into the back-up and recovery manager, which I think run under Linux. When we back up we make a partion image, rather than a file based back up, and never do incremental backups. We have used the restore 'in anger' a couple of times, and it has worked without fault. mike

Hi, we had a similar problem with our Step7 license. After trying to recover the license and just didn't have any success, we talked to the Siemens guys. It was a slow process (hope it is not with your case) but they have gave us back 1 or 2 licenses... Regards,