Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
misak

data block help

7 posts in this topic

hello, I'm using the data block in order to send to the plc order (length and quantity) the question is. can i replace the manual procedure of changing records by a singl bit frome the host?

you can only do that if the screen is on a certain page (or put the button on each screen but outside of the visible area) You make a command button with the function Data block control->Read data from NS PT Memory to PLC DATA block, define the data block no indirect and check "execute the function when address changes to on". But I think this will only be performed when the NS is on a screen with that button.... Beegee

I'm not sour that i understand you how the command button will execute the next recored after complication of the previous

??? Do you want to use it as a pointer to just have a production schedule? If so I think you 'd better do this in the PLC using a records stack (push, pop, fifo,..) If not, could you explain what you exactly want to do? Beegee

i need fore production schedule, the problem is that every day they will make new and fore me it's better to do it from a data block because some time they need to add a recored during the production and execute immediately.

You can still do that with the stack instructions and put the records in with the datatable instructions.. You first write the data tables values to an intermediate memory area and by setting a bit, you either insert or append the recipe. Doing it through the NS will push it quite far in macros and alternative programming. We already did it with Fread to read the recipe from file on the flash memory and prepared everything on the PC.