Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCabout

relay and register

15 posts in this topic

For A1SHCPU and GX developer. I need to understand the internal relays(M), data registers(D), and the specials(M9000-M9255, D9000-D9255), is there any documents on this topic?

Have you tried www.meau.com in the Downloads section? What you need it the AnSH programming manual. It might also be in the downloads section here. And the M9000/D9000 addresses are listed in the help files in GX Developer as well as the programming manuals.

yes i found the special relays and registers under HELP. And how about interal relays(M) and data registers(D), how to allocate them. i do have programming manual from meau.com, but i can not find the info on how M and D are use.

INTERNAL UTILITY RELAYS (M) These do not receive signals from the outside world nor do they physically exist. They are simulated relays and are what enables a PLC to eliminate external relays. There are also some special relays that are dedicated to performing only one task. Some are always on while some are always off. Some are on only once during power-on and are typically used for initializing data that was stored. DATA STORAGE (D) Typically there are registers assigned to simply store data. They are usually used as temporary storage for math or data manipulation. They can also typically be used to store data when power is removed from the PLC. Upon power-up they will still have the same contents as before power was removed. Very convenient and necessary!!

relay70.docI thought it might be better to post question along with the picture. So please refer to the attachment!

Your M70 relay may be indirectly driven either through a indexing register i.e. (M60Z0) where Z0 = 10 this would activate M70 Or by moving a value into a block of registers i.e. [mov k8 k1M67] this should also activate m70 (k1M67 references 4 bits m67 to m70, k2 would reference 8 bits upto k8 for 32) This code may also be redundant. You should monitor your program and ensure that L1000 is activating (it looks to be latching) if it is, look for the above. Or check the value in D402. If you have a recent version of GX developer it will indicate if the M70 is used else where in list of used devices.

You do not have to 'declare' addresses. The M bits exist inside the CPU. You write them in your program when you need to turn a bit on without actually needing to use a physical output. L is simply M bit backed up by the PLC battery. The program determines how they are used. This is all covered in the programming manuals. Or in Mitsubishi training classes. You can use the cross reference tools in GX Developer or the find device tool to determine where else an address is used, so you can find what instruction wrote to that address.

you said to check the value ov D402, what is it that i should look for? there is an instruction {MOV k132 D402} in the program.

Mov K132 D402 will move the number 132 into that register. The K indicates a fixed integer value.

This seems to be a classic case of "beating around the bush". Post your program and we'll try and sort it out for you. You have asked a question without enough information to answer it to your satisfaction. Best regards Paul Ked

how does M70 change on/off, or what cause M70 to change state(on/off)?

When he said post the program, he meant the whole thing. You're only showing us part of the code. In the Find/Replace menu, use Find Contact/Coil, select COIL, then M70 and it should take you right to the command that sets it. Keep in mind if an operator interface or a network is connected, it might be writing to that address, so you might not find a coil.

i'm using operator interface E700 (HMI). when i turn on the power button on the HMI how do i know which address it's written to?

The power butten is written to address $$ZZAS24E~#. If you keep turning it on it will eventually succumb to your desires.

To know what addresses are used on your operator interface, you will need the programming software for the screen so you can review the program in the screen. That software is called E-Designer. I still recommend you consider attending some training on PLCs. MEAU offers this training all around the US.