Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Pbase for Allen Bradley Basic module 1771-db

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to program and testing a basic program for the Allen Bradley Basic module 1771-db series b. Is there anyone who has the Basic Development Software named Pbase (catalog number 1747-Pbase)? I know you can program and testing a basic program with a Terminal program but I want this to do Offline without the Basic module. Who can help me? Greetings, mulderm

You can use any text editor to do the offline work and then terminal to d/l. You may run into problems using pbase in windows. May have to boot up in dos first.

As far as I know, PBASE won't allow you to "test run" the program; you need the BASIC interpreter in the module for that. PBASE is long, long obsolete. It won't run in any type of Windows environment. You are better off using Hyperterminal or any other terminal program to download and monitor. Most of what you need to test in an A-B BASIC module program are the CALL instructions that use the 1771 or 1747 backplane, or use one of the module's serial ports for an A-B specific function (like DF1 comms). Only a sophisticated emulator would do that, and PBASE was anything but sophisticated. If you have a program where you only need to test some functions that are not backplane or protocol specific, you might try to get a BASIC52 emulator.