Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brubingh

Expresscard to pcmcia adapter for 1784-pcmk

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried an expresscard converter, such as the Part No: SW-7429 (Manufacturer Part #: DA-100) from sewelldirect.com at: http://sewelldirect.com/Express-Card-to-PC...CFRciFQodFUpZCw for use with Allen Bradley's 1784-pcmk card? Just wondering if it works before I buy one. Obviously I have a new laptop and would like to use the pcmk card yet. I'm still hanging onto my old laptop until I find something that works to connect to DH+. Thanks Bryan

See link below http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=37595

I purchased one called a DuelAdapter by a company called Duel Systems P/N DA-001 I needed to use a AB devicenet card on my laptop and this was the only thing I could find on the market. To my surprise it has worked extremely well especially since AB cards can be a nuisance at times. The cards is kind of bulky but it works. Goodluck. Giz

Giz, I will be happy if you can help me... I buy an Express Card to PCMCIA adapter from DUEL and I could not have formed it to work with any card allen bradley? I'm very insteresting to work with PCMK, but i only can use this like Flash Memory Reader. Any information will be help. Herman

The word, straight from Duel System' Tech Support is that NO, the Duel Adapter will definitely NOT work with PCMK cards. A retailer I visited today was kind enough to allow me test the adapter before purchasing and Windows did "see" the adapter and plugging in the PCMK card did cause a request for PCMK drivers. After I downloaded the drivers for WinXP from AB, I tried to repeat the process but the card was not seen this time. Also, Duel Systems Tech Support advises customers to download drivers from their site (....Windows 1.0.1). Seems that the success rate was higher before the "upgrade". For DH-485, Allen-Bradley recommends the 1747-UIC and 1747-C13 cable For DH+, Allen-Bradley recommends the 1784-U2DHP. Priced around $2,000, it is cheaper to purchase a Dell Latitude E5500 with both serial port and PCMCIA slots. Allen-Bradley insists that the old "PIC" box can be used with WinXP but it's too bulky. The serial port can be used for 5/04 communication.

GIZ - any chance I could get more info on how this is working for you - can you talk to PLC5's thru the pCMK card, any special setup, - whats your OS, PC manufacturer, drivers, etc?