Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pikapp550

SLC 5/04 Communication Thru NET-ENI

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to connect to a SLC 5/04 through a 1761-NET-ENI and cannot get connected, this is just to put it on plant network so I can connect with RSLinx (Classic) from my desk. I can see the NET-ENI in Linx, but when I try to connect I get diagnosticstatus 0x10 error, I've tried about everything with settings on the SLC channel config and the NET-ENI config but it seems as if they are not communicating with eachother, is there something I am missing? Thanks

I'll ask the RSLinx question... Did you try shutting everything down and restarting RSLinx and RSLogix?

I have installed a few of these on SLC 5/04 units. Take a good look at your ENi configuration, this is usually the problem. You can post your ENI settings as well as RSlinx settings and I am sure this forum can assist.

Just did one of these on a 504 a couple of weeks ago. Here's the setup I used:

If you see the ENI in RSLinx, and do not see the node as a SLC 5/04, then the ENI is not connecting to the SLC. It may be something as simple as a bad cable. Try taking a spare micrologix cable and connecting it between the ENI and 5/04. Once the ENI connects, you will not see the ENI in LINX, all you will see is the 5/04.

In order to connect you must see the SLC 5/04 in RSlinx, not the ENI. I've had situations where using the Ethernet/IP driver gave me only the ENI and switching over to the Ethernet driver gave me the PLC (micrologix 1000). If you're using Ethernet/IP, try Ethernet devices and enter IP address instead.
1 person likes this

Does it matter what the Node address is in the SLC? The DH+ channel is addressed as 1, it is used for a panelview. The Tx/Rx light on the ENI is flashing as if it is trying to communicate but nothing from the RS232 light on the SLC which makes me wonder if it something with the PLC. Tried two cables but no difference. My config is very similar to the other one shown on this post, seems like it should be simple but I can't figure it out.

On 3/5/2008 at 2:00 PM, Ken Moore said:

Just did one of these on a 504 a couple of weeks ago. Here's the setup I used:

I cannot see the setup you used but i am having the same problem pikapp550 had

On 3/6/2008 at 7:41 PM, bguinn said:

If you see the ENI in RSLinx, and do not see the node as a SLC 5/04, then the ENI is not connecting to the SLC. It may be something as simple as a bad cable. Try taking a spare micrologix cable and connecting it between the ENI and 5/04. Once the ENI connects, you will not see the ENI in LINX, all you will see is the 5/04.

This is what is happening to me i can see the ENI but not the 5/04 i tried replacing the micrologix cable and still nothing. i did communicate to the 5/04 with the same rs232 cable that i have connected to the ENI so i do not know if i have to configure something else?