Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

SFC not working. CX-P V7.2

11 posts in this topic

I have a new installation of CX-One V3 installed on a desktop PC and a laptop. Installed components are: CX-Programmer 7.2 CX-Protocol 1.7 CX-Designer 2.1 CX-Server 3.1 I decided to take a look at the SFC type of programming for a CJ1M and have a play around as I have not used it yet. It works ok on the laptop, i.e. CX-Programmer allows me to create a SFC style task in a CJ1M program. It does not work, however, on the desktop PC. On trying to create the SFC task, CX-Programmer simply hangs and does not respond to anything, and I have to quit the program by Ctrl-Alt-Del. All other functions and programs appear to be working ok. Both the laptop and the PC had previous installations of CX-One, which were uninstalled, and the 'remover' programs executed to clean up any left-overs. The two new installations are identical. Any ideas what may be the problem? Thanks, Andy.

Try cleaning out again and re-installing. I have had these problems before. I use Registery Mechanic to clean out and have found it the best so far. At the present moment looking for instruction help in CX-P causes CX-P to lock up for me. Time to re-do the whole computer I think. MICROSUCKS??

I figured I might have to end up re-installing. Perhaps the uninstall of the previous version and the 'remover' programs supplied on the disk do not do as thourough a job as you might hope. So, mucking around with the registry it is then. Hope that doesn't involve formatting the hard disk via the "throw out of the window" method Bob!

Hello Andy P, You might want to take a look at the versions of MS DotNET that you have installed on your laptop and PC!!! There were (maybe still are) some issues with the dotNET environments. Can you let me know which versions you are running?

I found by uninstalling .Net 2.0 I got this to work. CX-One ONLY needs .Net 1.1. Have you got .Net 2.0 installed too? Bertie Edited by Berti Baker

Hello Bertie, I've got both 1.1 and 2.0 installed - don't have any problems! I also have Compact framework installed (1.0 and 2.0). Running both of these setups under Win2000 and XP.

Yes, I have both .Net 1.1 and 2.0 installed on both laptop and desktop PC's. Andy.

Hello Andy P, Have you tried the latest CX-Programmer update... Prg0802_0201Setup.exe available as of 1st March 2008. I know that this has solved a similar problem for another user! Hope this helps.

Thanks anonymous, will give that a try when time allows! A full uninstall / remover programs / registry clean / reinstall has not made a difference. I bit of info however: I was mistaken when I said the laptop has both .Net 1.1 and 2.0. It ONLY has 1.1. Searching the registry, it does appear that the 'SFCEditorControl.dll' targets V1.1 of the .Net framework. However, using a process monitor program, I see that portions of .Net 2.0 are loaded when I try to run SFC in CX-Programmer. Hmmm, interesting. Uninstalling .Net 2.0 is not an option from the desktop though. Andy.

Well, some success in this matter. I should point out that the following was in no way suggested by Omron, or anyone else, and so should be taken at your own risk. OK, that's the disclaimer stuff out of the way... I haven't tried the update yet, but... It definitely appears that the SFC component of CX-P V7.2 can target the wrong version of the .Net Framework when it is executed. It should be targetting V1.1, but in fact it can target V2.0, as it is doing on my desktop PC. Why it should do this, and why it should work ok on other PC's which has both versions installed, I have no idea. That's a question for Microsoft I guess! Using info from the following MSDN link... http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9w519wzk.aspx ...I created a file called 'CX-P.exe.config' and placed it into the CX-Programmer directory, ie. "C:\Program Files\Omron\CX-One\CX-Programmer". Running CX-Programmer now, adding a SFC task to a CJ1M PLC for example, results in the SFC editor springing into life. I would guess that one of the things the update does, is to create this file maybe. MrPLC will not allow me to attach a file with that extension, but it is nothing more than an XML style text file, the contents being: <configuration> <startup> <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/> <requiredRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/> </startup> </configuration> This file forces CX-Programmer to use V1.1 of the .Net framework, and not the one it is (wrongly) using for reasons unknown. So far it appears to be working ok. Like I say, try at your own risk! Well, hope that helps out for anyone having problems like me. It may be that the update fixes this issue anyway, so this is nothing more than a bit of interesting info. Andy.

Hello Andy, Glad to hear it is working now, and thanks for the interesting link - could be quite useful!