Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OdinPT

Using a Display With CPM1A

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a smal project to do with a CPM1A OMRON PLC, the ideia is for the user choose a number (1-10) and have the PLC stop a machine every time it counts that number ex: User selects 3. Machine counts 3 objects and stops. My pricipal issues are: 1) How do i connect a display to CPM1A does anyone allready connected one ? The ideia is the user see the number he wants. 2) Is it possible for example... to change the counter value based on the user selection ? for example: User selects 8: Machine counts 8 objects and stops. Hope someone can give me some ideias, since i'm not very used to work with PLC's. Thanks in advance.

Hi Omron has a nice HMI range for that called NT2S. There are 6 different models you can choose from. Connect them to your CPM1A with either NT2S CN212V1, NT2SCn215V1, NT2Scn222V1, NT2Scn225V2 cables. (depends on model you choose) All can be purchased at OMRON. regards, MPM

Hi thanks for the info i'm going to check it.

If you have a spare input and output, you could usethe old method of flashing a light based on the preset. Use the input to advance the preset and have it rollover at 10. You can tell I'm an old programmer that started when we did not have HMIs.

Yeah, but there is NO substitute for experience! Good to see you around Jay!

I'm always lurking around about 9:00am...