Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest shadab

Communicating FX2n with Visual Basic

6 posts in this topic

I want to know how to make communication on FX 2n with Visual Basic I want to know which protocol will be best for this application also how to transfer the data into a memory location through external medium (PC / VB / C / C++).also how to read data fron plc to external device for display caliberation print.

Buy activeX that supports FX and include it in your VB project. We use MX Components (also from Mitsubishi) for communication with Mitsubishi PLCs. There are third party packages as well and they are probably cheaper. If the cost is the ultimate factor, you should be able to write your own driver using sample that's in download section of this forum. If I recall, it was written for quick basic...

In fact, the FX communication protocol is opened, you just need the manual . then you can setup a point to point link between FX and PC the MX Component is a good choice to do your work, you can get a Demo of Version 3 from Mitsubishi. Good Luck

Another way is using OPC, it's one of the best solutions, and the cost saving method, because many companies supply the OPC packages for Melsoft

I've written some code to do this in MSVC++ Its pretty basic and crude but does the job. Let me know if your interested and I'll email it to you.

Paul, I'v interested about how to write communication protocol to controll FX PLC. I'v done some projects with Citect SCADA, but the better idea is to write my own SCADA.