Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navillusi

C200 HG Connection Question

13 posts in this topic

New to Omron so please forgive the ignorance! I am booked to do some fault finding on a machine containing an Omron C200HG plc, need to make sure I've got everything before going to site! I have a copy of CX programmer and a serial lead I used on an old omron CVM1 plc. Am I correct in thinking that the C200HG also has a serial port or am I in need of any special interface adapters? Regards

Hello navillusi, The C200HG will have a Host Link port, if the cable worked with the CVM1, then it should be OK with the C200HG. You should be good to go! Good Luck!

In checking the C200H alpha catalog, it will depend on the complete part number of the cpu, if the unit has an on board serial port. C200HG-CPU33 and CPU53 do not have the RS232 serial port built in. It appears that all CVM processors had a serial "Host Link" connector as well as a peripheral port connector. Worst case situation, you would need to use a CPM1-CIF01 along with your cable to connect to the C200HG peripheral connector, if there is no on board serial port. Hope this will help.

Good call GT, forgot that! (shouldn't trust a brain as old as mine ). (But it could have a C200HW-COM'xx' board fitted ?).

The model is a C200HG CPU53, which, as you have said above will then require the use of the CPM1-CIF01 adapter. I have done a quick search on this model, but all the documentation refers to is for the CPM1 PLC, and likewise I can find no reference to the CPM1-CIF01 in the C200 manuals! Now I'm more confused! Any further advice is welcome Regards

Hello navillusi, I believe that it should be a "CQM1-CIF02". If you need one quick, RS stock them, albeit at £205:00p a pop! Also, do you know if a communications board has been fitted into the CPU? (as stated above, a C200HW-COM02 for example, will give you the required port). Check manual W304 for details here... http://downloadcentre.omron-industrial.com....do?language=en Hope this helps. Edited by anonymous

The CQM1-CIF02 is a "smart" cable. DB9 Female on one end, Omron peripheral connector on the other and a little black box in the middle. This will work also. The CPM1-CIF01 is a converter. It has a DB9 Female on the front and a 6" pigtail with the peripheral port connector. You will also need the cable you used with the CVM1. That cable should plug into the computer and the front of the CIF01. The CPM1-CIF01 and cable combination will work! It probably is not in the manuals because the CPM1 was introduced after the C200H alphas. Please note, do not use the CPM1-CIF01 on a C200H cpu, it can damage the port. You can use it with the C200HS and the C200H alpha processors. Hope this will help.

... and a snip at £62:00 (again from RS if required quickly), probably even cheaper from your local disty!

My apologies, I misread the details. It is in fact a C200HG CPU43 - from what you've said above this one has an RS232 serial port yes?

The C200HG-CPU43 does have an RS232 port on the cpu. You should be able to connect to that port. Possible issues could be if they are using the port for an HMI or for serial communications. CX-Programmer is going to expect Host Link protocol. Settings can be controlled be PLC Setup Settings. Dip Switch 5 is also involved. Turn Dip Switch 5 to the ON position to set default comm parameters for the port. If you have to change the switch setting, make sure to cycle power so the processor will read the setting. Hope this will help and Good Luck.

The customer has now sent me a copy of the PLC code prior to me going on site, trying to open this with syswin and it tells me that the file is corrupt, try to convert it using cx programmer and the program hangs after a few minutes Can anyone open this file and tell me what I'm doing wrong! I've not got much hair left! Cheers 1511_V2.SWP

I tried to open it with CX Programmer and tried converting it with the File Conversion Utility. In both cases it would not finish converting for me either. My guess is the file is indeed corrupt. Edited by IO_Rack

The file header probable was corrupt because after opening it in notepad and re-saving it I was able to load it in Syswin/CX-Programmer. It is password protected though so unless you have the password it is still useless.... 1511_V2_repaired.zip