Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a151218

Analog output Module for 0~24V ?

8 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me ....Is there that the range is 0-24VDC of analogoutput module of the S7200 or S7300? or anybody can tell me how to do if I have to use S7200 or S7300 PLC control the analog 0-24VDC?

Analog signals are typically 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC. I have never in my years in automation heard of such a thing as a 0 to 24VDC variable signal.

The other common output would be 4- 20 ma. Rodney Edited by Rodney

i just don't see why would someone want such thing and I bet my lunch that 0..24V analog is misunderstanding - but if you really want it, I don't see a problem. i would take one analog output from PLC (preferably voltage in this case) and use it to drive 3-way isolated signal conditioner (or conditioners). Most of them will support output -10..+10V. This is span of 20V and to use it as 0..20V it has to be isolated - but you want 24V span... Since they are isolated you can connect the outputs of two such devices in series and get up to 40V and everything would still be powered from just one 24V power supply and driven from one analog output. To get 24V span, you could use two conditioners with output of -6...+6V or -2..+10V or whatever (try to be creative...). for example see screenshot for 0..10V input and -6...+6V output when using Weidmuller WavePro. You could also use single conditioner and configure it's output to -7...+7V for example to get 14V span on conditioner's output and then cascade this with your PLC analog (the same one that drives conditioner) to get 24V span (14+10=24).

ThankS a lot everyone.... ......I want to control electromagnet...so analog for 0-24VDC control...It's may be my mistake....But may I use PTO or other method control electromagnet?

Give us some information on the magnet, such as manufacturer and part number. I can't imagine it's really a 0-24VDC variable analog signal.

agreed, electromagnet is just a coil. to change the field (or force) one would change current, not voltage. suppose somoene made an industrial grade integrated product (solenoid for 24V with built in controller with analog input). that input would be still standard range 0..5V, 0..10V, 1..5V, -10..+10V or 4-20mA etc. but show us the part number, maker and specs, i'm always open for surprise...

Hi, No one is offering 0-24vdc analog out put module, but still you can use one Signal Isolator in between to convert your 0 - 10VDC (From PLC) to 0 - 24VDC it will solve your problem and this is the only one and best method for you. Regards N.Subrahmanyam