Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EirikV

S7 LAD/STL/FBD editor converts FBD into STL

10 posts in this topic

Hi, Can somebody tell me why the S7 LAD/STL/FBD editor converts my FBD into STL all by it self? And how I can convert it back into FDB? Thanks

Check S7 LAD/STL/FBD editor Options->Customise...->View->View for Block Types->Logic Blocks: if it's not set permanently to STL. To change viewing mode: menu View and choose between LAD/STL/FBD. Edited by jacekd

Thanks for your reply. I tried that, but it didn't cure the problem. The problem is only with two networks out of 14 (in the same FC). I created them all in FBD, but two of them suddenly is STL. I could mention, though, that it happened after I did some simulating. Didn't think that should make a difference, though...

I haven't had any experience using FBD, but we did a project where the customer specified everything had to be in ladder and I saw something similar with a data type mismatch. I used an integer compare function on a variable that was declared as a regular hex word in the symbol table and the editor automatically converted the network into STL, because STL is not as data type dependent. I don't know if this is your problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

Yes, maybe "type checking" was changed from OFF to ON. You can place the cursor on the "offending" instructions, and there will possibly appear information why it is red. If that does not clear the problem, then post the STL code, and we can try to see if we can find an explanation.

I've had this myself - when switching between languages, Some FBD wont convert to ladder-but will convert to stl. once viewed in stl - you cannot get back to FBD. I gave up and copied the offending network from a backup and pasted into the current project making sure the editor was set to FBD! if the spacing is altered or nop's removed in the network in stl - you will face the same problem. If it isnt to complex then just rewrite it

Hi, Here is one of the networks: A( AN "Internal Signals".IL_HVZS_S16 AN "Internal Signals".IL_HVZS_S17 AN "Internal Signals".IL_LZSLL_S18 AN "Internal Signals".IL_TZSHH_S18 A "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ AN "N2 Out".Y1B O "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ2 ) L S5T#4S SD T 12 A( AN "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ AN "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ2 O "N2 Out".Y1B ) R T 12 NOP 0 NOP 0 A T 12 = L 0.0 AN "N2 Out".Y1B A( O "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ O "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ2 ) A( O "N3 In".S4 O L 0.0 ) L S5T#1S SD T 13 A( AN "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ AN "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ2 O "N2 Out".Y1B ) R T 13 NOP 0 NOP 0 A T 13 = L 0.1 O "Internal Signals".IL_HVZS_S16 O "Internal Signals".IL_HVZS_S17 O "Internal Signals".IL_LZSLL_S18 O "Internal Signals".IL_TZSHH_S18 O O L 0.1 O A "N3 In".S4 AN "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ AN "Internal Signals".SR_CR_SEQ2 R "N2 Out".Y1A A L 0.1 BLD 102 S "N2 Out".Y1B A L 0.0 FP "Alarm Data".P_NO_S4 JNB _001 L "Internal Data".VAR_NO_S4 L "Internal Data".CNS_1 +I T "Internal Data".VAR_NO_S4 _001: NOP 0

Hei Eirik. Try to post again, but this time turn off the symbols. Otherwise we cannot check the code.

Here :) A( AN DB100.DBX 1.5 AN DB100.DBX 1.6 AN DB100.DBX 1.7 AN DB100.DBX 2.0 A DB100.DBX 0.3 AN DB21.DBX 0.6 O DB100.DBX 0.4 ) L S5T#4S SD T 12 A( AN DB100.DBX 0.3 AN DB100.DBX 0.4 O DB21.DBX 0.6 ) R T 12 NOP 0 NOP 0 A T 12 = L 0.0 AN DB21.DBX 0.6 A( O DB100.DBX 0.3 O DB100.DBX 0.4 ) A( O DB30.DBX 0.4 O L 0.0 ) L S5T#1S SD T 13 A( AN DB100.DBX 0.3 AN DB100.DBX 0.4 O DB21.DBX 0.6 ) R T 13 NOP 0 NOP 0 A T 13 = L 0.1 O DB100.DBX 1.5 O DB100.DBX 1.6 O DB100.DBX 1.7 O DB100.DBX 2.0 O O L 0.1 O A DB30.DBX 0.4 AN DB100.DBX 0.3 AN DB100.DBX 0.4 R DB21.DBX 0.5 A L 0.1 BLD 102 S DB21.DBX 0.6 A L 0.0 FP DB301.DBX 0.2 JNB _001 L DB101.DBW 12 L DB101.DBW 2 +I T DB101.DBW 12 _001: NOP 0

Hello, I had the same problem and can found a solution.

Go to editors Options> Customize > LAD/FDB and remove the selection "Type Check of Address". I don't know the theory of this function, but I know that this procedure works.

Picture1.png