Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davids

Q62DA Question

2 posts in this topic

anyone of your using Q62DA before. hope you all can answer my question. when i enable the conversion for the DA, although analog target value is 0 but i able to get 1.86V at the terminal. while if i set analog target value to 4000, i will get 9.56V. in this case, do i need to do offset for the channel? if i change the offset point, i set analog target value to 4000. will it give 9.56V? do i need to adjust the gain too? thank you.

Unless someone has already manipulated the offset and gain, the module ships factory calibrated. To answer your question though, yes you need to adjust gain. Offset sets a vertical shift of the 0-10VDC output, and gain affects the angle of the line. It will take an offset adjustment to get your 0V, and then your 10V reading will be off by the same amount, so a gain adjustment will change the angle of the line to match. There are instructions on what offset and gain do and how to adjust in the product manuals. For that module to be off by almost 2V at the low end, I would verify your wiring and configuration of the module first. That's a big margin of error.