Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GJA

Code Generation for FX3

5 posts in this topic

I have several blocks of code that I use many times in a project. Instead of copying a block, pasting it, and then editing each contact, I would like to generate the code with the correct contact references. In Allen-Bradley, one can import a block of code, and specify an offset for the contact adresses. I called Mitsubishi. I was told that they do not support this kind of thing in any of their software. I was thinking it might not be hard to overwrite the device address in the WPG file--if I knew the file format. In this case, I could create a source project which has just one block of code in it. To create a new instance of the code in my applicaiton, I could run the overwrite utility on the source project, then merge the source project into the new application. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Copy the code in and do a Find/Replace (Edit Menu). You can replace a range of devices all at once.

This is suitable when working with small number of big blocks, but not with large number of small blocks.

In my first reply, I missed your comment about macros. I'll check that out first. Thanks.

Once upon a time,i tried to do something like that. I found values corresponding to basic operations and devices. I even transferred them to PLC without Gx Developer through serial port. My program had user input like: (X0 + X2 * (X3 + Y2)) +X0 Program converted it to IL then to byte codes and transferred to PLC. And it worked, but it isn't a suitable method i think, it requires a lot of work.