powwer

plc to mysql

12 posts in this topic

hi everybody, i want to build the system includes plc and mysql database. do you know any solution to send datas from plc to mysql without using any container program like visual basic,delphi.... thanks...

Depending upon the device you are using Kepwares OPC server may be able to talk to it and you could then use the Kepware DataLogger to log data to MySQL. Fred Loveless Support Manager Kepware Technologies

Check out FactorySQL. It does require an OPC Server. The full blown version will also do "transaction-y" things like RSSQL does, alarming, and a whole lot more. They're working on a free, strictly data logging version. You can download a resettable 2 hour trial here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=758

If you are using a Mitsubishi system Q there is a module called the QJ71MES96. It will connect to serveral databases and is very easy to program. It also has a FLASH card which will buffer the data when to connection to the database is lost. you can connecto it to ACESS MSDE oracle MS SQL servers etc. Also If you're not using a Mitusbishi PLC they've also included this feauture in there ethernetcard for there HMI panels which can connect to most PLC's.
1 person likes this

Did you use MES module in a project? What do you think about it if you did?

Actually I work for the Distributer of Mitsubishi in the netherlands. The module is fairly new so we haven't done many projects yet. The biggest project we have supplied has about 40 MES modules and is growing. so far everything is running fine wihtout any problems. Our customer is very happy wiht the module and was able to implement the MES in record time. You can't do stored procesures with them yet. Hopefully this will be improved in future versions. The best thing is it's so easy anyone can do it even if you do not have any SQL experience. Why not ask your distibuter for a Demo. Edited by Gambit

The idea behind MES module is great. But i have working code that does the same thing on PC installed on sites. The lack of stored procedures is a con but it can be solved using triggers in the database i guess. Maybe i will use these modules in the future, we will see. I will play with them when i have some extra time, and one in my hand. By the way, i work for the Turkish distributer GTS ;)

WAGO Ethernet PLC's can communicate directly with a MySQL database. It does not require any middleware like an OPC server or modbus driver. Here's a video tutorial showing how it's done. WAGO PLC's use a development software called CodeSys. I have many tutorials on this powerful IEC 61131 software on my youtube channel if you'de like to learn more.

As an update, going the software route, the Ignition "SQL Bridge Limited" can log from pretty much any PLC to pretty much any SQL database. It runs $950 (current price list). The free OPC-UA server is responsible for the connection - it currently supports: Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Modbus. For other vendors you would have to get a 3rd party OPC server. You can try it out with a free trial version to make sure it works first. Edited by Nathan

@Gambit, will you send me some examples about connection QJ71MES96 to MySQL

regards

Freddy

@Gambit, will you send me some examples about connection QJ71MES96 to MySQL

regards

Freddy

Red Lion speak directly to a SQL database