Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a_j_saunders

Error message on tp 170a

3 posts in this topic

I am in the process of backing up and creating a folder containing all of the operation codes etc for our HMI screen, plc units so that it is relatively simple for an engineer to replace a faulty unit etc. I am using ProSave v 6.0 sp2 to make the backups but while I am downloading from a TP 170A I get the following error message " The desired action cannot be executed the ProSave version and the operating version of the unit are not compatible (perform a bootstrapping if necessary)” When the HMI screen is powered up a version number B.52.2.2.23 appears before changing to the normal operator screen I have also Pro Tools ver 6.0 sp2 and get the same results How do I over come this message? All our equipment is supplied ready programmed so we do not have the original programs etc. Regards Sam

This means that the firmware in the Tp is to old to use with Protool 6.0. You can upgrade the firmware yourself. The new firware is provided on the Protool cd in the images catalog. There is also a tool callled PTUpdate that can be used to transfer the new firmware to the TP this can also be done from the download menu in Protool. But if you dont have the original program to download after then you have some trouble. I checked my old 5.2 disk and Prosave wasent included on the old versions so i think you need to get a copy of the original configuration. But i still have a strong feeling that i have seen older versions of Prosave check with Siemens maybe they can help you out.

Thanks for responding Klaus, I do not have the original program so I do need the early Prosave version so if any one out there can let me have a copy it would be apreciated Regards Sam