Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cydog

RS View Studio- Copying A Display ,Tags ,Objects,and all and Pasting on another Application

5 posts in this topic

I would like to make 1 application for our supervisors, that has 1 main display from each of our 4 HMI's. But,I don't want to recreate those displays , objects , and tags. I would just like to copy and paste on another new application. How can that be done? Thanks in advance

Open two instances of studio and open the two different applications. Then just copy and paste.

Or....You can go to >tools > Application Manager>ME or SE edition> Copy Application....Then Delete the screens you don't want anymore...

I may be confused but wouldn't that only get you the screen from one HMI. Then you would still need to do as I said to get the other three? There is also a way of copying the gfx file into the project. Right click on "displays" then "Add component into application..." Then find the app with the gpx file to add. Should be something like "C:\Documents and settings\all users\documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\xxxxx\Gfx" where xxxxx is the other HMI application that you want to copy the screen from.

That is correct....But I was just offering another way of doing it....In the previous versions of ME the "cut and paste" frome one to another didn't work, sometimes, so I just adopted this method....