Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drusso

Rsview Studio ME 4.0 to slc 5/03

4 posts in this topic

The PC is connected to a dh 485 network thru a 1747-uic. The SLC is a 5/03. I am able to go online with rslogix 500 and rslinx classic 2.5 I have used Rsview ME previously with Controllogix and ethernet without any problems. The problem is trying to set up the dh485 network using Rsview Studio ME and the rslinx. If somebody could send me a web link for help or tell me what was done if you had any sucess with this network setup. Thanks, Drusso

This is one of the few network configurations I haven't done with RSView ME. The first thing is to realize that RSLinx Enterprise (not RSLinx Classic) is going to be the way that RSView Studio connects to the network. One important problem is that if the RSLinx Classic driver is using the virtual COMx port to run the DF1 Full Duplex driver for the 1747-UIC, then RSLinx Enterprise won't be able to initialize its driver on the same port. I think that the 1747-UIC enumerates as a different COMx port depending on which USB connector on your PC you connect it to. You might have to switch USB host ports in order to switch between RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise drivers. I'll have to try this out.

Ken, The part that is in question is the lack of driver selections with rslinx enterprise compared to the selection with rslinx classic. I have search the tech notes and found the following note. #25493 I have had zero luck in getting this to work. Thanks, drusso

I think I got that to work before about a year ago. I was using RS VIEW Studio 3.1 and I set up the connection as if I was doing a df1 connection. I just assigned the port that the 1747-UIC was connected to (eg) Com 6. The only thing is that it could not be the same port as when I used it with RSLinx to download ladder. I hope the info I gave you is correct. I will try and see if I have a copy of the settings