Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Vista support for NS-Runtime

11 posts in this topic

Currently, NS-Runtime V1.00 is only supported by Windows XP. Anyone knows from which version it will be supported by Windows Vista ?

NS-Runtime V1.2 is supported by Windows Vista.
1 person likes this

I just received V1.1, which is also supported by Vista. This seems to be the latest release in Europe. Which region are you from ?

Mine is also V1.1. I'm from Asia. I expect that the release of V1.2 will be after April.

so, where the ns-runtime can be downloaded? i think i don't fully understand this software. there is an option in cx-designer, among other ns devices, ns-runtime? what is that? when you create application with this option, where do download it? to pc or ns? i suppose that simulation with connection to plc is not an option for running in factory.

Hi Tashinz, You are right. Instead of selecting an NS-Model in CXD, you select NS-Runtime. Now you just create your project same as with an NS terminal. On the target system, you install NS-Runtime software (Different software as CXD!) and plug in the USB license dongle. To download from CXD to NS-Runtime, you have several options. If NS-Runtime is on the same machine as CXD > Comms method to NS-Runtime. On transfer runtime files are automatically downloaded (read copied) to NS-Runtime directory. After download start runtime. If NS-Runtime is on a different machine as CXD > Comms method select Memory card for a CF card or USB for a USB pen drive. Transfer and put USB pen drive in target machine. On target machine, start Drivetrans from NS-Runtime start menu folder. Now download application same method like CF-card with NS terminal. After transfer, start NS-Runtime. Hope this helps?

thank you PdL, it is clear to me now. is there a place one can download ns-runtime? i've searched omron download section both for registered software and free sofrware, no ns runtime. did you commisioned ns-runtime already somewhere?

tashinz NS Runtime is a Runtime product that Omron sells, just like CX Server Lite, Sysmac Gateway, CX Server OPC, etc. It takes the place of an NS. It is sold with a USB dongle, for software licensing, that resides on the PC.
1 person likes this

anybody has ns runtime softwrae for download with license key?

2 hours ago, BIJUKR said:

anybody has ns runtime softwrae for download with license key?

Are you asking someone to commit a crime?