Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leadcommander

Panelview Plus Data Log

4 posts in this topic

Hello all Has anyone worked out a way to copy the Internal Data Log to a PC in a Panelview Plus The Internal Data Log is used for Trend Displays The lack of Instructions on how to do this indicates to me that it is not possible, but I thought some clever chap might have worked out a way of doing this Have tried: Microsoft ActiveSync Mapping to Internal Storage Folder These have not worked Will try a FTP program next Cheers

We just put a cheap flash card in the PanelView and set the PanelView up to log to the flash card. To do this set the logging path to "\Storage Card2\Logs" (without the Quotes). Now you can just remove the card and copy it to a PC, then put it back. The next problem is actually being able to open and read these files. There are some files to convert the .log files into something useable. I have the Files here. Read this... http://www.control.com/thread/1026221619

Did you get the logging sorted, i cant find any info either. RA in the Uk are about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!! I have a customer who has a 1500CE PV+ and its connected to the internal network and the firm who installed it cannot get the trends logging onto the facttories server. I just know ill be asked to look at it soon so could do with a heads up! Regards Dave

I was running the log to the PanelView internal memory I need to keep a historical record of the initial heating of a new Pot as this reflected the expected life of the Pot. I now believe you can not get this log out of a PanelView Plus but can on a VersaView Unit. I trended the historical required data in the RS5000 software trend as I only need five days worth and saved a Spreadsheet every day from this Trend The PanelView Log used for the PanelView Display Trend worked very well for display on the Screen Trending to a Network Server is a different matter and I have not been required to do this yet so sorry can not give you a heads up.