Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Load cell setup

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I always use 5/03 and up processors so I always use the scale with parameters (SCP) instruction to set up my data for force on my load cells. I calibrate from 0 to 50 pounds I load my unloaded data 0 pounds in input min and my loaded data when I set my 50 pound block on in input max. Then of course I have 0 in scaled min and 50 in scaled max. This gives me a acurate poundage output from 0 to 50. You do not have this instruction on a 5/02 or down. My question is how do you get usable data (pounds,newtons,kilograms, etc.) Without the scp instruction, what equation do you use and how do you know what constants to put in your equation to give you accurate linear scaling data? Thanks

For the max value use greater than or equal to block; then do two move values one for 100% and one for 50. For the low end use a Less than or equal to block then do two move values one for 0% and one for 0.

Before the SCP blocks, there was the SCL blocks that we used in the 502. You had to calculate the values and then put them in the Rate and Offset. For yours the offset would be (50 / 13107) * -3277 = -12.5, call it -13. The rate is (50 / 13107) * 10000 = 38. Therefore if you got a signal of 16383, the SCP block would calculate 16383 / 10000 * 38 + (-13) = 50 If you could take the 50 to 500, then you would get better accuracy.