Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cadomanis

Internet Connection to FX3U

3 posts in this topic

My setup is as follows: FX3U PLC with ENET module. IP address 192.168.100.201. Have a Melsoft connection set for connection 4. Router: LAN side IP 192.168.100.1 WAN side IP – dynamically assigned, though I can get it from the router. PC – connected to internet and can make a connection to WAN side of router. I have proven this capability by having the PC connect through the router the the e-terminal that is also behind the router. I would like to be using MX-Component on the PLC with a connection setup for the PLC such that I can have an excel sheet that will read up the value of approximately 28000 file registers. The trouble I am having is that because the devices are on either side of the router, I have to create a path by which MX compoennet understands where to find the FX3U. As I stated above, I have proven this concept by enabling the remote access service on the e-terminal. I then have setup in the router a port forward for port 5900 – the one the remote access function is set to use – to the address of the e-terminal so that all traffic on port 5900 automatically goes to the e-terminal. I am able with no problem then to enter the router’s WAN address in the the remote access viewer and get connected directly to the e-terminal. The trouble I am having with MX component is that there is only a place to assign an IP address and not a port numer. If I knew what port the MX Component was going to use, I think the same forwarding system would work to allow me to connect. Are these port numbers known? I had originally thought that MX component used MC protocol so I tried setting up an MC conection with a know port number, but I can’t seem to make a connection. At the end of the day, what I am ultimately trying to do is get a whole bunch of log data out of the plc each day. I could probably get the email function working to do this, but it feels less elegant than just connecting to the plc and bringing the log data right into excel. Another thought was to somehow write the file register data onto the memory card of the E1101 as a recipe. I would then read the files off the memory card via FTP. this is just an idea, not sure if it is even possible, but I have connected to e-teminals with FTP, so thought it might be easier, Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful. Chuck

We have done a similar project before. The port number of melsoft connection in FX3U is 5551. You should port forward TCP port 5551 to your PLC s IP address in the WAN router. That will solve your problem.

Thanks so much. Added that forward and everything works great!! Makes my solution far more elegant. Cheers C-