Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herman

Convert ASCII to Character to MMI (Code Bar Label)

4 posts in this topic

I have conected a DL06 PLC with a Metrologic Bar Code Reader is working , but, I don't know how convert the information ascii into information that it could show in a MMI, I tried some instructions but i don't have good results!!! For example: In the V memory of the PLC I have this information (ascii): 30 30 2D 30 32 34 31 30 4A I want to convert it to : 00-02410J For to show it in a MMI Some idea??? Thank you.

Did your thread on plctalk.net\qanda not provide you with the answers you wished? You might wish to continue it there. In either case (continuing here or there) please provide the following: 1. You had said (in the other thread) that the information from the barcode reader had been returned in V registers starting at V400. Please state the exact content of the relevant registers. Please use the BCD/Hex format when viewing the registers. For example - V400 = 3030, V401 = 2D30 (or whatever they show) 2. Does the MMI have string access capabilities? Please state the exact model of MMI and method of communication you are using between the MMI and the PLC. Have you already accessed other values on this PLC using the MMI?

i am not familiar with AD PLCs but b_carlton is right. does the hmi support ascii? also posted hex values are already ascii, you just need to display it. if the HMI supports ascii but cannot read string from V memory (maybe expects special memory for ascii or string types) just copy this to such memory type. if there is string type, you will need to add length information. for example this one is nine characters and length preceeds the the string content so you would have to ensure string content 09 30 30 2D 30 32 34 31 30 4A this works for short string format (up to 255 chars) which is pretty much what i would expect in industrial hmi. with zero terminated strings (like on PC etc.) one can have longer strings (some 64k).