Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salim

Error on 9300-8EDM in IO config tree of controllogix

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone am trying to configure a Ethernet network wherein i have a Controllogix system with ENBT as my interface, an ethernet Panelview and a PC running RSView 32. Am connecting all these devices using a 9300-EDM (Ethernet Diagnostics Module) as a switch. I have added the EDM in the IO tree of controllogix and done all settings as per Allen-Bradley documentation but when i go online to the processor i get the following error on the EDM: Code 16#0005 Connection Request Error: Bad Class. Even though i get this error am able to read the values from my Controllogix processor to Panelview. Until this error exists i cannot use the diagnostic capabilities of the EDM. Hoping someone can help me out.

The "16#0005 Bad Class" error generally means you're trying to access a CIP object that doesn't exist. This could be because you've accidentally configured the 8EDM in your I/O tree incorrectly, or because you have inadvertently put the IP address of a different device in the I/O tree, or the firmware in the 8EDM is very different than the device in the I/O configuration. You state in your post that you've "configured everything correctly", but this is very likely a configuration problem so you'll have to post details about your configuration. Start with the version of RSLogix 5000 you are using, and post the *.ACD file if you can. Do an RSWho browse and right-click to view the Device Properties of the -8EDM.

Hi ken thanks for the response an Merry Christmas. I have rechecked with the IP address and the configuration issues but cant find any areas of worry in that part. I think i have to look for the Firmware issues. Am using version 13.03 of RSLogix 5000 and the revision of EDM is 1.1 and am attaching the .ACD file over here. Thanks in advance. TEST.ACD

Try changing your configuration sizes of you assemblies to the following

Hi everyone have also tried with the configuration mentioned above but still no luck. As per Ken's suggestion have also checked the firmware revisions of the device and the firmware configured in Logix and they are the same Revision 1.1. So there dosent seem any problem with the firmware also. Any ideas guys?????

I think you had the configuration right the first time, Salim. Your configuration in the RSLogix 5000 v13 program you posted shows the Generic Module configuration with Input Assembly 1, Size 12 (32-bit) Output Assembly 2, Size 1 (32-bit) Config Assembly 2, Size 16 (8-bit) That matches the Generic Module configuration shown for v13 and lower Logix programs in the User Manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um003_-en-e.pdf Where did you get those other assembly sizes, Tim ? I'm reading the User Manual from March 2007 and it shows 12 DINTs for the Input, and defines their meaning in Appendix D. I'm not sure what else to suggest, other than double-triple-quadruple checking your IP addresses. Since I don't think the Configuration Assembly is used with this module, you might change its Assembly number to 3, and size to 0. I don't see why the Configuration Assembly would be set to the same # as the Output Assembly, but a different size. Edited by Ken Roach

Hi Ken an Tim found the thing at last. There is this document in the 9300-8EDM which specifies the Assembly Instances of different firmware revisions. I was using the .47 firmware revision so the settings are as below: Input Assembly Instance:101, Size:12 Output Assembly Instance: 102, Size:1 Configuration Assembly Instance:100, Size:88 The settings i was doing previously were for firmware revision .45 and are as below: Input Assembly Instance:1 , Size:12 Output Assembly Instance: 2, Size:1 Configuration Assembly Instance:2 , Size:88 Thanks everyone.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what you found Can you give us a link to the document or a publication number?

Hi all am attaching a PDF of the document. 9300_8EDM_MANUAL.pdf