Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Quicktime movie files thumbnails in explorer

4 posts in this topic

I was trying to find a specific Quicktime movie shot by my digicam on my hard disk but it proved to be quite time consuming I had to play every file to see what it was because windows explorer cannot create thumbnails for *.mov files. After some googling I found this dll file. It's called QuickThumb, and you can download it here: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~mbarrien/projects/ (5th link from the top of the page) Drop it in your windows/system32 folder and register it by running the command "regsvr32 QuickThumb.dll" from the start menu > run box. It works fantastic!

I'm glad it worked fantastic...so why don't we have any new videos?

thanks for the link, i still have bunch of files from my old camera. i got really tired of QuickTime (and alternatives) so when i was shopping for new camera, i made sure that video clip recording does not use *.mov file type..

I use the free Picasa viewer from Google to go through pictures and videos. It provides a fast video preview of .avi files recorded from my digital camera. According to their website it accepts Quicktime files, but I haven't tested the load speed with that format.