Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_larry

koyo direct 205

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I write a program to talk to the Direct205 PLC via Modbus, the program works fine except for certain PLC slave addresses. For example I set the PLC address to 0x0A(10) on the secondary port and send the following command to the PLC(writing 506 to holding register at 401051): 0A 06 04 1a 01 fa ab 51 I get the response : 0A 86 01 F2 62 It seems that I can't write( to this address with number 256-511), If I change the number below 256 or higher than 511, then it works fine, it also works if I change the PLC id to 0x0b(11). At first I thought maybe the CRC were wrong, but if that's the case I wouldn't get any response at all. Anyway I just couldn't figure out what went wrong, if you could give me some help, it will be great. Thanks, Larry

Just an off the wall observation here. In the range mentioned, 256-511, bit 8 (binary value 256) is on. Outside this range the bit is off. Maybe this has an effect on type of register you're sending to or the comm. format.

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. I am quite new to set up the DL205 PLC, is there a command or trick to set the PLC back to the factory default? I just want to see whether this problem is related to the specific settings I have or something else. Can someone else who have DL205 PLC give it a try and let me know the result? Thx, Larry