Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulengr

Arc flash label printers

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with any particular label printers for making labels? Specifically I'm buying it under the auspices of doing arc flash labels so as a minimum I'm thinking thermal transfer printer for vinyl labels.

I've used one of these in the past: http://www.bradyid.com/bradyid/pfv/100596/...s/Products.html Then buy the blank orange top 4" labels.

hi paul have used these a lot http://www.scansmart.com/catalog/datamax_allegro.asp even when covered with carbon black they somehow survive Phil

We've got an old "versaprinter" from them. When I get through the spending on the capital project for updating everything to meet arc flash rules, I'm going to have money left over to buy something not predating 9/11/01. Where do you get the orange top/white bottom label tape? All Brady sells that I can find is preprinted die cut labels with "Warning" at the top and white bottom. "Duralabel" sells exactly the labels you describe but they aren't really set up to handle multiple users (no Ethernet port on their printers). I'm a little scared by Duralabel because I've had oodles and oodles of fun with Brother printers in the past (unreliable interfacing/software issues). I don't need Ethernet but usually as soon as it implements anything resembling a "real" print server, the goofy nonstandard stuff has to be jettisoned.

Brady DANGER Arc Flash 4 x 6 BLANKS Brady WARNING 4 x 6 BLANKS Panduit has stuff too. Link to reference Arc Flash Template Easy Mark Software too. Printable Blanks 11.5 x 8

Oh I was going to say, that we use the ones you don't want...the ones with the warning ontop.

I work for DuraLabel and we make the continuous vinyl tape with an orange top (orange header) and white bottom you describe. We also have the preprinted die-cuts for making arc flash labels, including extra large arc flash die cuts, up to 7" x 10.5" in size. Also, the DuraLabel PRO, PRO 300 and DuraLabel 7000 printers all have Ethernet ports available. Just specify you want Ethernet included at the time you place your order, and it will be included. If you have an existing DuraLabel printer that does not have Ethernet, we've found the small parallel port print servers work well with all DuraLabel printers. I just checked with our tech support department, and there have been no issues with DuraLabel printers and Ethernet connections. It works fine.

I use a desk top model from Panduit. The label software is in my pc. Panduit has a wide range of labels including what you are talking about. Also you can use some pretty big rolls. My favorite feature is my Cad add on. Basically I can take my wire numbers and other labels directly from my drawings to the printer and start printing. Label cost is pretty competive also. Another thing I think looks cool but have not tried out yet is a new media they have that will make switch legends. My vendor is going to be bringing me some samples next week to try out. Model number TPD43MY Here is a link to it. http://www.panduit.com/Products/ProductOve...recName=TDP43MY

I have a lot of experience with multiple types of arc flash labels I work for a company called Creative Safety Supply we handle printers and custom print jobs in house for Arc Flash Labeling below is a list of services we can help you with. 1. Arc Flash Printer Package " includes software" 2. Arc Flash Label Printer only 3. Arc Flash Supply Give me a call or if you have questions email me direct. Ben Geck Phone 503-928-7401 email: ben@creativesafetysupply.com