Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ee_tonykwok

About 1761-NET-ENI

6 posts in this topic

Background:SLC(Out-station) connect to 4 SCADA(Local SCADA(IFix) and 3 Master SCADA(Intouch)) through 1761-NET-ENI Problem: One Outstation, using 1761-NET-ENI(Ser B, FRN 2.50)...it can communication with 4 SCADA another 2 Outstations, Using 1761-NET-ENI(Ser D, FRN 3.21)..Got communication error. i can telnet to ENI(Ser D, FRN 3.21) to check the connection, i found that it only support 3 connection(but the AB website said it support 4 connection)..the local SCADA(Ifix) always can;t communicate with the SLC Can anyone give me suggestion?? I want to Down-Grade 1761-NET-ENI(SER D, FRN3.21) to FRN 2.50....is it ok??

Couple of thoughts. A. Upgrade SLC to 5/05 if practical. This has a much higher connection limit than ENI. B. Conenct only Local HMI to ENI, let Master HMI connect to Local HMI for Data. PC's tolerate more connections than PLCs.

Now is the time to change too. AB has a "Step Forward" program that will get you a rebate on the SLC 505. I am doing a 505 and changing from a PV 900 to a PV+1000 and used the program to cut the cost of doing it. Hope this helps. racer

Thx for yr suggestion. I will use SLC505 in the future project. But due to budget, i can't use SLC505 instead of 1761-NET-ENI in this project, that's why i want to downgrade the 1761-NET-ENI. Did anyone know 1761-NET-ENI(Ser D , FRN 3.21) allow downgrade to FRN 2.50...?? Can i use FRN 2.50 on 1761-NET-ENI(Ser D)?? Thx alot.

So let me get this straight, the OLDER firmware has better functionality than the newer one?! I haven't tried it myself, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to put the older FW on there if you wanted to.

The 1761-NET-ENI Series D unit has different hardware than the older Series B. You CANNOT load version 2.x firmware (from a Series B unit) onto a Series D unit. Doing so will likely render the device inoperable. 1716-NET-ENI Series B most recent firmware that I know about is version 2.31. All Net-ENI modules only support 6 TCP Connections. Two are reserved for Outgoing connections, two are reserved for Incoming connections, and two can be allocated for either Incoming or Outgoing connections. All 1761-NET-ENI modules support 4 incoming connections maximum. The Telnet "TT" command should show you the currently active connections, not the connection limit. A common problem is when a PC on the network is using RSLinx to browse the network, or is left on Autobrowse; This will take up an Incoming connection on the Net-ENI. If your 1761-NET-ENI is sending MSG instructions or receiving them from another controller, that too will use up a connection.