Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Andy Olney

Software for Fanuc Series 90 Micro?

5 posts in this topic

A guy at work bought the 14 point 1996 version on Ebay for very little money. $20 Is this a paperweight? The cheapest PLC software I have seen is is the automation direct stuff at $99, and I am guessing the Fanuc is way more. Looks like a cable and RS422 to RS-232 converter is also needed. Any hope to make this work? I got here from a search and read the thread on locked OEM codes and this may be another problem. Thanks for any replies! Andy Olney

If you search around you may be able to find the 9.XX version of LM90. This is the final version of the old reliable standby used for many years. It is DOS based and has been replaced with Versapro leaving it unsupported and found as a giveaway on some of GE's product CD's. Although it is fully functional and powerful it can be difficult to run in Windoze 2000 and above.

I think you can find the full version here at the GE Support website. There are Micro versions but I think the standard 90-30 version also has micro included. As far as communications you need an adaptor unless someone has another solution. Edited by DesertDog

Thanks for the pointer to the software. Looks like I should be able to get it going if I can make a cable. I have a RS232 to RS485 adaptor, which is a differential signalling serial similar to RS422 from what I can gather. Some study and I may be able to make a cable to make that work. Thanks for your help! Andy

Depends on what you want tp program. If it is just jobbing, just use the 4 day license in Versa Pro and keep re-installing it, same for LM90. This also used to work for Cimplicity, you just re-installed a service pack and it gave you another 4 days. This is a grey area as applies to licensing and a pain to keep doing but how they expect a small integration company to cough up $10,000 here for this development license, $4,000 grand here and so on is ridiculous, especially with the almost non existent India based tech support they give. I am lucky that I get my clients to pay for my licenses but others are not so lucky and when you see the look on their face when you tell them how much a license is it's funny, they think you are trying to rip them off.