Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lamonah

desktop computer instead of siemens op.. or tp..

7 posts in this topic

hello all can I use desktop pc instead of for example tp270 with plc 315 2dp thanks for replay

Well, yes and no. If you have proper communication hardware and software like ProtoolPro or WinCC flexible, then yes. If you do not have them - then no.

yes I have protool pro cs and runtime with aithorization keys,and what is comunication between desktop and plc (mpi or profibus )

It can be either MPI or Profibus. But you need at least a MPI adapter to connect to your PLC.

what do you mean by MPI adapter (bus connecter) thanks

maybe this helps: alternative may be CP5611/5612 (not best option for desktop since they come without PCMCIA interface, there are probably PCI versions but I never encountered them...)

The PCI version is called "CP5611". It costs only 1½ times the cost of the PC adapter, and is much better in every aspect - apart from it can only be used in a desktop. Be careful to check that the PCI slots in the desktop are PCI and not PCI-express ! edit: What a coincidence. Siemens has just released the "CP5621" which is a card similar to the CP5611, but for PCI-express. Type # 6GK1562-1AA00. Be careful with Protool though. I think that it needs to be updated to work with the new card, and there is no guarantee that Siemens is going to do that. Maybe it can be fixed with purchasing Simatic Net seperately. If you can, better go with WinCC Flexible. Edited by JesperMP