Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickO

Searching for an AN number in Citect

7 posts in this topic

Guys, I have done a search in a legacy project for an Animator AN number. I get a long list of numbers but none of them are the one I am looking for. I assume it must be in the project in the Graphics pages, as I get a Hardware Alarm listing this number. Any ideas ? Thanks N

I presume we are talking Citect here ? The AN may be in an included project, try searching those ?

Hi Sparky, most remiss of me, yes it is Citect as you guessed. Cheers N

The AN can also be used in your page template. You should be careful when modifying AN numbers or using reserved AN numbers. Read the Citect help and knowledgebase on AN numbers.

Hi , nope does not come up in include projects either. Thanks

Have you tried using Tools, Goto Object in the drawing editor ? I think you can set up your hardware alarms just like any other category , ie you can display them on your alarm summary page, can't remeber exactly how so you may need to read up on it. Hopefully you can set up the summary to display the pagename that triggers the alarm. If not go thru your pages when project is running and determine which page(s) cause the hardware alarm this should give you a hint as to where to look. If you can norrow it down to a page the create a copy of that page. You can then puul the page apart without worrying about destroying a required page.

Hey Sparky, thanks that has got the bugger. I knew which page it was, but had not used tools goto. Cheers Nick