Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smrdkd

DeviceNet CompactBlock LDX I/O Blocks

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. For my new automation project, I am planning to use DeviceNet CompactBlock LDX I/O Blocks. I have never use it before. I want to know if it is reliable. Thank you DK Domah

yep Compactblock mainly used for machine based applications

I have not used the LDX IO but I have used the 1791 Compact Block IO for several years and it has been excellent. The DeviceLogix functionality is worth its weight in gold and I have even used the IO blocks as stand alone controllers for simple applications. Andybr

I have an OEM customer who uses a lot of LDX because it has AC and analog input versions. His I/O is principally pushbuttons and pilot lights, as well as interfaces to breakers and protective relay equipment. It's a dry and clean environment. Standard CompactBlock is more appropriate where you have the chance of a lot of dust or debris around the hardware, or where the DeviceLogix functionality is going to be used. I have had very good experiences with the durability of both products. The only failures my customers have experienced have been when high voltage (120VAC or in one case, lightning) was introduced to the DeviceNet cable system.