Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
504bloke

Firefox js3250.dll missing

6 posts in this topic

Hi On my work pc i used to be able to run firefox alongside IE (WinXP SP2) Now firefox wont open and gives me the js3250.dll was not found error. I searched the net on this and didnt find alot other than to uninstall firefox and reinstall and then the problem should go away.... However, on reinstalling firefox it works fine up until IE7 is opened, within minutes of opening IE7 firefox closes and if i try to reopen it i get the missing file error. If Firefox was not open (but runs ok) and i open IE7 then when i try to open firefox i again get the missing file error! I would just dump IE7 but some sites i use dont like firefox..... Is this a new ploy by microsoft to kill mozilla ??!? If anyone can shed light on this i would appreciate it cos its a real pain having to install firefox 4 times a day and sometimes having to reboot as well! Regards Dave edit: forgot to ad i have done a full virus and ad/malware scan and cannot find anything that would cause this, i have not got the ipv6monl.dll malware trojan either... Edited by 504bloke

What version of Firefox you got? Did you completely uninstall then install again?

Here's an uninstall procedure to completely uninstall. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox#On_Windows It sounds like a nasty problem. Some more info can be found here.

It is a very nasty problem and the mozilla org seems to be burying its head in the sand, i have done the complete uninstall including registry clean and still have the problem. I have read the link you posted (been there last week!) and thats the boat i am in, no malware, but cant get firefox to run !!!

I read some reports ipv6monl.dll is sometimes also named ipv6mon.dll (without the l after mon) which is (should be) a genuine Windows file... A while ago I had a very nasty malware and when it even infected NOD32 I turned to an online scanner to detect the infected files so I could manually remove them. If found that http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner was one of the best scanners and very thorough.

One option may be to use the IE Tab add-on for Firefox. I use this for IE-only sites - it allows you to open a page inside Firefox, but using the IE rendering engine. I don't know whether this will still trigger the behaviour you have been seeing, but it may be worth a try.