Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

Bluetooth Serial port adapter

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever used one of these and do they work ok? Been thinking about ordering one.

Omron, have put out one in conjunction with promni, Don;t work to bad... there have been a number of discussions on the Omron forum to this regards... I have also got it to work with Clipsal C-Bus ( a home automation equipment ). So i do not see why you could not get the same one to work with other brands... The software simply ports an additional serial port when you have connected the two blue tooth devices together.

I bought a Promi unit almost 2 years ago, with the brand name Initium, made in Korea. I paid around $200. Nifty little gadget, nice packaging. I understand they've gotten cheaper and smaller, maybe easier to use. The Serial Port profile worked fine with RSLinx and with a Modbus emulator. It was definitely slower than hardwired RS232, but I got it to work for a little more than 30 meters line-of-sight. Rockwell has a Bluetooth interface specifically for their AC drives, so you can go online with one with the door to the enclosure sealed shut.