Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madskaizer

TSX 07 homemade cable, need help

16 posts in this topic

Hello I have tried to simulate a original TSXPCU1030 cable for the modicon TSX07 31 2428, I have already been connected to it using PL707 and a original cable that i borrowed, so I know it works :) Picture of my setup is attached at the bottom of post. What I have tried to do is using a RS232 to RS485 converter and 2 cables. the cable from PC to the converter is soldered as descriped in the cable pdf that comes with the PL707 installation. pinout of my SUBD9 seriel cable: PC side 1 ,4 and 6 are shortcircuited 7 and 8 are shortcircuited 5 to ground 2 and 3 are crossed 1 : DCD 2 : RxD 3 : TxD 4 : DTR 5 : GND 6 : DSR 7 : RTS 8 : CTS 9 converter side 2 and 3 are crossed 5 to ground 1 2 : TxD 3 : RxD 4 5 : GND 6 7 8 9 pinout of my mini-DIN cable as connected to the converter 1 black : data - 2 white : data + 3 red 4 yellow 5 violet 6 blue 7 green : GND 8 brown : +Vs my knowledge about seriel communication is unfortunately limited, and the above does not work, so can anyone tell me where I went wrong.

See image, Looks like you maybe have to connect pin 5 and 7 together (in the mini-din contact) Edited by Fredrix

I am actually working on making the same cable myself! But I have not managed to find the software I need yet:/ So I have no way of testing it... Maybe it will work if you connect /DPT to +5V instead?

You should have a look there : http://mbrochand.chez-alice.fr/cable_tsx.pdf Maybe it could help... JC

that is the pdf I talked about in first post, that i used to solder the SUBD9 after

I still don't understand why people put so much effort into making a stupid cable when they could just buy the real one and be done with it without all the hassle. Time is worth money too...

I dont understand why you as admin work against your users with problems instead of giving advice etc if you have knowledge on the topic. Im a student, I had the components at my hand, so why not try and save what is alot of money for me :) but in the end I migt have to invest in a cable if there is noone that knows more about this seriel comunication :)

Working against the users? That's a good one. I understand that for students the money is tight. But when I was in college, I wouldn't have wasted time reinventing the wheel if it already existed, as I had many classes to devote time to. The only knowledge I have on the TSX07 is that I have programmed them years ago (they are long obsolete) and I used the vendor provided software and the vendor provided cable.

what I meant was that there was no need to state what you have said in every other post about the tsx 07 and cables, but just keep to being constructive :) but on another note, found a cheaper OEM cable on this webshop http://www.fractioni.com/inc/sdetail/506 its 34$ and then 24$ in shipping to denmark, too bad there aint retailers of such nearer and half the cost is postage :(

The same replacementcable from Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schneider-Modicon-TSX-...VQQcmdZViewItem 39$ + 16$ in shipping to Denmark

There are some people who make cheaper cables for many PLCs, but Schneider doesn't typically seem to be one of the ones they targer. MRPLC.com has a shop for some cables. I've seen a few others on the net, but not with the TSX07 cable. The good thing about the cable is that it also works on TSX37 (Micro) and TSX57 (Premium) if it's done right. Those are still current platforms. But last I knew, the TSXPCX3030 was around a hundred bucks from Schneider... That's why I said why waste the time building it.

yeah, but id rather use their webshop and not stuff half the money down ebay/paypals pockets :D and there is a 5$ discount on their webshop!! Edited by madskaizer

Hi everybody, Mr Crossbow is right from his perspective! That apart, regarding the photograph given by madskaizer, this is the EXACT arrangement I always use to program Twido, Micro & Premium Plcs. This always works if your PC has a serial port! Above all please ensure that the converter works. You may have to OPEN up the convertor to set the baud rate. Some errors Madskaizer has made are:-. . 1. The main mistake you are making is that you've used a CROSSED Cable. Please Make a Straight Cable ie Pins 2-2, 3-3, 5-5 for cable between the 9 pin connectors 2. The second error:.. You have to interchange them at the convertor. ie. Pin 1 to D+ of your convertor, Pin 2 to D- Please note pin 1 of mini Din is the B or D+ signal as in the diagram provided by our Norwegian friend-:) 3. Other than pins 2,3 & 5 at your PC end, there is no need to use any other signals. Do not connect any wire to any other pins. 4. Pin No. 5 is the /DPT (DPT-Bar) or active low DPT signal. It is asserted by connecting to pin 7. Asserting this signal is necessary to connect your PLC to P_C based applicatiion /HMI as a slave. It has to be necessarily kept open when downloading to PLC or going on line in PL-7. Keeping it open or connecting the pin 5 to Pin8 makes it a master.(This case does not arise with the Nano you are using) I am only sharing what I know; so that some good may result. Hope this helps. Regards, Best wishes, Raj s. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer
1 person likes this

You will undestand it when ever stucked in very remorte are which is not possible to receive required spares and cables quickly.

Thanks for the 5cents. This topic was 7 years ago Cyrijaya