Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergei Troizky

Multiple CX-Programmer sessions online.

4 posts in this topic

Tried first time ever to go online from two sessions at a time, each to own PLC. Never succeed. Two CP1Hs with different names are both on USB ports and looks like any session tries to communicate with the one connected first. What am I doing wrong?

As there is no USB port identifier in CXP it just connects with the first connected CPU, regardless of which CPU that is. The name you give to the PLC in your CXP project is only referred to in CX-Programmer. If the target CPU equals the project CPU it just connects. The only thing I can think of if you actually have 2 CPU's connected, see if the CPU Unit identifier selection at the Driver tab of the USB network settings is available ? It is greyed out by default. I can imagine if you have 2 CPUs connected you have OMR0 and OMR1 available... By the way, you don't have to open 2 sessions of CXP, just copy the one PLC and paste it in the other project.

maybe you can use the node number in the fins destination address (I never tried and I don't have 2 CP1 plcs)