Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

Siemens S7

6 posts in this topic

Hello Again SIEMENS Gurus!!! Got my new version of Step7, and my CP343-LEAN. Installed w/o problem except that it appears that the orignal manufacturer has a Profibus network which did not Upload correctly (not to worry I had the original program). However, when I try to upload, I get an error. Also, if I try to modify the station (CPU318-2) offline, I get a message 'STATION CANNOT BE MODIFIED'. Everything for the cpu, as well as for all the devices is greyed out. One time when clicking on the MASTERDRIVE (connected via Profibus) I got a message indicated that this was configured using PROTOOL (?). I had used an HMI product years ago with the same name. Is this the same or is this something I need to purchase. (I have a copy of PROTOOL Lite ver6.0+. Any information or help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

S7 likes to integrate the HMI software into the program. If you have a program with HMI's programmed in Protool or WINCC Flexible and these packages are not installed on your program you will get these messages. You can still go on-line with the PLC and do changes. Once you install the HMI software these messages go away. Giz

hello again, problem was not getting online. It let me make changes to the program but I couldn't make any modifications to the CPU318-2 (i needed to add the CP343-LEAN into a slot). I had originally uploaded and had not realized that the PROFIBUS configuration did not come across. It then let me add the module and download, but I lost all PROFIBUS communication. I took the original program, I reloaded it and everything works, except I can't make any changes to the configuration. If the original program used PROTOOLS or WINCC would this prevent me from making modifications? Thanks, bob

hello again you SIEMENS wizkids, Some additional information. I loaded PROTOOLS and the problem persists. The configuration has three MASTERDRIVES CPB2 drives. These are all displayed with question marks as if the software does not know what they are. When I double click and open the properties (they're all read only) it indicates that there is an optional package required 'DRIVES ES/SIMOTION'. I do not have this installed, and am not quite sure what it is. Do I need this in addition to everything else to actually unlock the configuration of the CP318-2? Is this a SIEMENS program or just an add-on for STEP7? thanks, bob

What type # does it say EXACTLY on the 318-2 CPU ? And do you have this CPU type in the HW catalog ? If not, then that is the reason you cannot modify the station. But admittedly, the 318-2 is an old PLC, so it ought to be in your HW catalog, unless your STEP7 is very old. I dont think that Drives Es/Simotion or Protool are related to that you cannot open the S7 PLC. If you want I can take a look at the original project.

Ok, the way I understand it now, you cannot modify the station and it is the drives that have question marks. Until now I thought that it was the PLC that had a question mark. - pardon me for not reading your previous post carefully enough. Well, it is quite clear that you need the Simotion option package. Another option would be to purchase the "Premium Studio". This is a collection of practically all current Siemens software. It is only approx 100 Euro. There are no licenses included, but it does say something vaguely in my catalogue that you can use the 14-day trial license if needed. So if it is only for the one-time usage for inserting the CP343-1, then it should be OK. And there is also the option to contact the original supplier. Received by email: