Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Francisco L

What's the best an quick way to learn RS Logic?

10 posts in this topic

Hello There, People of the world!!! I'm bloody new in the wonderful world of PLC and I would like to get any suggestion regarding the easy and quick way to learn RS logic for AB PLC's Any comments?? Cheers

Hi Francisco: Maybe you can try this site: http://www.thelearningpit.com/ Good luck learning the "wonderful" world of PLCs....

You can use Rockwell RSTraining software to learn what you need Good Luck

If you're not interested in attending a training session hosted by AB or a distributor, I would suggest getting a PLC an playing around with it for a few days. Have the instruction set handy nearby, and start by making the output lights flash in different ways. You'll be surprised how much you can teach yourself. One bit of advice, though: once you get the feel for the programming software itself, have somebody explain state-machine programming to you. If you learn this technique early on, you'll be that much further ahead when it comes to doing more complicated work.

PLC TRAINING OPTIONS: ------------------------------------- 1) To attend training ( Fastest way but could be expensive) If you are in Toronto area I can suggest to you some good one. 2) Buy PLC, good book and study on your own (In long run the best way but could be costly depend of PLC) a) Buy AB MicroLogix 1000 on eBay, find software somewhere and you are ready. b) Buy AutomationDirect DL05 PLC, DirectSoft32 software, cable (approximately $215) and download manuals (cheapest solution). 3) Buy RSLogix 500 software and RSEmulator (pretty expensive) 4) Buy LogixPro from TheLearningPit, that is PLC emulation software (You have demo version on their site) Good luck, Dan

I'll expand on point #2. You don't have to purchase a book. Hugh Jack has one here at MrPLC.com that you can download for FREE. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?&act=Down...&CODE=02&id=156

Well, this is a usa solution, but many will read your post who live in the usa. Try a two day seminar to give you the knowledge and confidence to learn on your own. (Yes, if you do not have access to the equipment at work, you will need to get your own. In that case, I agree, PLC Direct is the way go.) If you in the USA though, check out this creative two day PLC Training solution... AB RSLogix PLC Training Seminar Cheers

A couple of posters have mentioned www.thelearnigpit.com. I can't stress enough how helpful this really cheap piece of software is, even to someone like myself who programs all day every day. I use it as a quick and effective test for short bits of code as I am developing. I have installed it on my 13 year old sons PC and he is learning very fast.

Yup. You can purchase the Learningpit Cd-roms right here at Mrplc.com if you need to in the shop section.

Hi Fransisco, I have been programming, modifying programs, troubleshooting faulty programs for a little more than a year now and have found that analizing others programs, with the instruction set as a reference, has proven extremely helpful. My first modification project involved rather complicated bit shift instructions in an multi-file program. I was tasked to delete certain functions and add others. It was very helpful (actually necessary) to figure out what the previous programmer was trying to accomplish with his or her methods of programming. After a few hair pulling attempts, I pulled it off and feel very confident with bit shift programming. Also, it might pay to chat with other programmers if available for a bit of mentoring. Hope this helps.