Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

S7-414 to S7-315

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Hope you are all ok. What is the correct procedure to follow if I wish to transfer a program from a 414 to a 315? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello gruntstripe. Are you sure the 414 program can fit in the 315 ? Create the STEP7 project with the S7-315 hardware, then open the S7-414 project at the same time and drag-and-drop blocks from the 414 to the 315 project. Open the symbol editor in both projects and then copy all the relevant symbols fromthe 414 to the 315 project. Check the specifications of the 315 CPU to see if you havent exceeded the max no of merkers, timers or DBs, use the cross-reference to see what has been used in the program. One thing that is difficult to check is if the 414 program has possibly used math that uses the full 4-level stack in the 414 (ACCU1-ACCU4). The stack in the 315 is only 2 levels deep (ACCU1-ACCU2). Other differences I know of is with ALARM-S, not all is supported on the S7-300, and not all OBs are supported either (OB101 and OB102 for example).

Hi all! You can try to transfer this program to any VIPA SPEED7 CPU. As far as I know, these CPUs have the same 4-level stack as in the S7-400. If your application uses any technological SFB (for instance, position control loops, frequency meter, ...), it will fail to compile and you will need to write it by your own. Best way if possible, it's to try it! And don't forget to tell us your results. Regards!